Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Double whammy 'Duh'_ on me! LOL

Ok... so I'm gonna tell on myself here. Years ago, I designed an octagon box template and this morning I decided to redraw it in Silhouette Studio. It worked great, so I sent it through the machine to be cut. While the machine was running, I went back and looked at it again in Studio and suddenly realized that I had totally forgotten to adjust the cut lines! So the machine was cutting every single line, even the fold lines! My box was no longer gonna be a box, just two flat octagons and a bunch of square and triangle pieces. So I waited for the machine to stop (while my BFF and my daughter laughed at with me). Finally the machine gets done and I pull out the cutting mat with the cardstock on it that would have been my box. But there is no box! There are not even 2 octagons and a bunch of squares and triangles cut out! There was NOTHING! Just a clean blank sheet of cardstock. It was then that I realized that I had forgotten to put the blade back in this morning! ROFL I had taken it out to see if there was something wrong with it when after 3 cuts, it still wouln't cut all the way through the sheet of cardstock on a print & cut I did. (Never did figure that one out; unless it was because I was using a new, super-sticky cutting mat.)The moral of the story: For those of you who have a Silhouette cutting machine, there are some things you should know. The first of which is this: The blade has to be IN the machine for it to work! LOLBTW... I eventually did get the box finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment